Discover your welcome offers now!
Discover your welcome VIP offers now!
Discover your Prestige Club welcome offers now!

Rhone Valley


Country / Region: Rhone Valley

Vintage: 2018

Name: AOP Châteauneuf-du-Pape

Grape variety: 90% Grenache, 10% Old mixed vines (Mourvèdre, Counoise, Terret, Vaccarese, Muscardin...)

Alcohol: 14.5 vol.

Color: Red

Capacity: 150 cl


Robert Parker : 95-97/100 Cuvée rated 15/20 by our Selection Committee !


Primarily made from old Grenache vines, the 2018 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Red Cuvée Bargeton offers the beautiful jammy, stewed fruit of well-ripened grapes from a sunny vintage, with a touch of very fresh strawberries with sugar that sweetens the ensemble. The delicate structure is seductive and typically southern, with aromas of garrigue, black cherry, rose and fine spices. It is an impressive and complex wine, whose complex aromas will only benefit from several years of aging in the cellar.


Manual harvesting. Vinification in whole grapes and maceration of about 20 days. Maturation for 90% of the harvest in concrete tanks and in Burgundy barrels for the remaining 10%.


Deep and intense red.


Aromas of jammy fruits mixed with notes of strawberry with sugar.


The aromatic palette develops around notes of black cherry, rose and spices, forming a delicate, complex and structured wine.


Serve between 16 and 18°C.

Food and wine pairing:

Simmered lamb, beef bourguignon, roast chicken, deer stew.

Cellar aging:

From now until 2035

Patrick Lesec is the kind of talent capable of producing state-of-the-art wines on exciting and widely different terroirs. His secret? Selecting the best grapes from the best producers, whether in the Rhône Valley or in Burgundy. Having worked in the restaurant business and in California, this outstanding wine merchant can count on his impeccable taste to select the most ambitious wines, blending them and then aging them to perfection. With very little sulfur or filtration, these wines preserve as much of their nature as possible and beautifully transcribe the identity of each terroir.